But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.(James 3:17) KJV
The first elemental particle is a proton, Hydrogen. The passage above includes a fascinating phrase: the wisdom that is from above is first pure. It includes the Greek word proton.
Continue reading “Before, at the beginning: πρῶτον – proton”
Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.(Psalms 18:15) KJV
This post is part of the WHY? daily devotional for March
Foundation(s) of the Earth/World
Foundation(s) of the World/Earth
- the foundation of the world (Greek, singular)
- before God said let there be light,
- the act of conception which begat God the Son.
- the foundation(s) of the earth (Hebrew)
- gravitational singularity
- the creative act of the 2nd day,
- the inception of the core accretion model.
- the foundations of the world (Hebrew, plural)
- the earth’s crust and mantle,
- bottoms of the mountains
- foundations of the hills
- foundations of the mountains
We illustrate a clear difference between the Hebrew erets (earth), and tebel (world). The foundations of the world (tebel) refers to the crust and mantle which was exposed as the ocean floor.
Crust and Mantle, Synonyms
|bottoms of the mountains||לְקִצְבֵ֤י הָרִים֙||qetseb har||Jonah 2:6|
|foundations of the hills||וּמוֹסְדֵ֣י הָרִ֣ים||mowcadah har||Psalms 18:7|
|foundations of the mountains||וּמוֹסְדֵ֣י הָרִ֣ים||mowcadah har||Deut. 32:22|
|foundations of the world||מוֹסְד֪וֹת תֵּ֫בֵ֥ל||mowcadah tebel||Psalms 18:15|