The Anointed Cherub
Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.(Ezekiel 28:14) KJV
It’s commonly spoken of and preached that the “anointed Cherub” of Ezekiel is Lucifer, also known as Satan. This is impossible. There are five reasons why the anointed cherub isn’t Satan.
If we had a nickle for every time we heard someone describe the anointed cherub as Satan then we’d probably have at least $0.85 by now. It’s not a particularly big deal, refuting the notion of of is merely an interesting conclusion which has been deduced by using spherogenetic systematics.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
Not a big deal, that is, unless you’re a fundamentalist who has decided that Satan is the anointed Cherub and nothing is going to ever change your mind about it. It’s what you’ve been told to think your whole life. So why change it now?
However if you have an open mind and the capacity for independent thought then there are five reasons why Satan and the anointed Cherub can’t be the same person.
- Cherubim are classified with the mammals, whereas Satan is a reptile (Serpent, Dragon).
- the Anointed Cherub was pure from sin when he took up his post on the East of Eden, whereas Satan sinned in heaven which is why he was kicked out and fell to Earth. Satan wasn’t pure from sin if at any time he was in Eden.
- Satan was in heaven chasing after a women who was travailing in birth. How could she be suffering the pain of childbirth if it was before God put the curse on women in the garden of Eden?
- the serpent in Eden who deceived Eve was cursed to be limbless, but Satan is an old Red Dragon with legs.
- the anointed Cherub possessed the knowledge of musical instruments and metal working and was stationed on the East of Eden. Guess where technology first showed up in human culture and gave rise to a multitude of merchandise? Yep. East of Eden. The anointed Cherub sold out.
The Anointed Cherub – Navigation
|The Anointed Cherub||Ezekiel 28:14|
|1||Cherub Classification||Ezekiel 1:5-11|
|2||Till Iniquity was Found||Ezekiel 28:13-15|
|3||The Curse on Women||Revelation 12:1-6|
|Labor Pains||Genesis 3:16|
|4||Is Satan Limbless?||Revelation 12:4|
|5||The Multitude of Merchandise||Ezekiel 28:16-19|
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
Read through the Bible in a year
|Reading plan||July 19|
|Chronological||2 Kings 18:1-8|
2 Chronicles 29-31
We need your financial help but Mattymatica isn’t a religious organization, charity or new age cult.
If you need to belong somewhere, find a local church. If you’d like to help, please consider donating to our Church.