In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.(Genesis 7:11-12) KJV
- IF God saw the wickedness of man,
- AND decided to take action,
- THEN the fountains of the great deep were established either:
- as a hedge against this outcome or,
- they existed for an unrelated reason.
The existence of hell isn’t an example of God being mean. Hell is the default outcome for all matter and souls, however there is a freely available alternative: faith and life in Jesus Christ.