Should I remain silent while you babble on? When you mock God, shouldn’t someone make you ashamed?(Job 11:3) NLT
Atheist science trolls (ASTs) will pull random stuff out of thin air in their eagerness to mock we people of faith, but there are some recognizable patterns. It would seem that AST masters of yesteryear made up some responses which have past into AST lore because a lot of people use the same ones. A lot of them involve unicorns.
The list below is tweetable. It’s something we like to use as reconnaissance by fire. It’s intended to provoke a response so that we can see what comes back at us.
Atheism is Proof of God
- A[theism] can’t exist without -[theism].
- You can’t deny a God who doesn’t exist.
- Therefore, atheism is proof of God.
Here are some responses.
- Nonunicornism can’t exist without unicorns.
- You can’t deny a unicorn who doesn’t exist.
- Therefore unicorns exist.
- You can’t deny unicorns if unicorns don’t exist,
- therefore that you don’t believe in unicorns is proof that unicorns exist.
- Your disbelief in invisible unicorns from Mars is proof of invisible unicorns from Mars.
Sometimes it’s necessary for us to hone our own responses in order to demonstrate why they make it clear that atheism is proof of God. By so doing we’re clearly establishing the relationship between cause and effect.
How Atheism is Proof of God
- A– is a prefix to the word –theism, it modifies it to give the opposite meaning: Theism has to exist in order for A-theism to exist.
- Nonunicornism isn’t a thing.
- Denying a thing isn’t the cause of its existence.
- The existence of unicorns, or anything else, doesn’t depend on what we believe.
- The nonexistence of a thing is the reason why there’s no knowledge of it,
- therefore denying it’s impossible.
The “reprobate mind,” in Romans 1:28 is a consequence of rejecting the relationship between cause and effect. It manifests as a refusal to acknowledge the relationship between behavior and consequences.
We need your financial help but Mattymatica isn’t a religious organization, charity or new age cult.
If you need to belong somewhere, find a local church. If you’d like to help, please consider donating.