There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.(1 Corinthians 15:40-41) KJV
This post is part of the WHY? devotional for April.
Astronomy has grown around this assumption: stars are suns. It’s false. Galileo, Kepler, Newton, Einstein, and others stole the modern mind and gave us an understanding of the cosmos which isn’t real.
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:(Matthew 13:7) KJV
This post is part of the WHY? daily devotional for March
I went to BEZA International Church expecting a blessing. My ears tingled as I strained to hear every word: God was going to tell me what to do. This is what I heard: There is a book in you that only YOU can write!
- IF 1,000 years has passed for each day on earth since the 2nd day,
- AND the earth is about 6,000 years old.
- THEN a minimum of 2.19 billion years has passed at the radial distance of the firmament, the remote regions of the cosmos, in the same period of time.
It’s part of a theory of gravity which is at the heart of God’s plan of redemption. Here’s a brief summary of what we can do with it.
Matty’s Paradigm, Harmonization
- The broad narrative of scripture:
- separation of light from darkness,
- redemption, propitiation and salvation,
- fulfillment of prophecy.
- Empirical observation:
- earth is the center of the observable universe.
- earth is about 6,000 years old.
- a source of Hydrogen for nucleosynthesis,
- origin of the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMBR),
- a mathematical solution for black holes and dark matter,
- the sun is less massive than the earth,
- the remote regions of the cosmos are at minimum 2.19 billion years old,
- the cosmos may be more than 13.8 billion years old,
- stars will fall to earth.