Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father.(John 6:43-46) Good News Translation
Agape gravity is a field emitted from the center of the Earth which propels our soul upward toward heaven. Our natural tendency is to be weighed down with sin and sink downward because of the power of Mosaic gravity, the law.
This passage gets us into our theory of gravitation in a way which opens it up in a new dimension. It’s part of our discussion of the terminology of Biblical gravitation. Here’s another rabbit hole for us to go down, another potential deep end to go off. We’ll simply state the salient points and move on. There are a couple of words here which open up a lot of meaning.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
Sent: πέμψας – pempó
- to send,
- I send, transmit, permit to go, put forth.
- Teachers who come forward by God’s command and with his authority are said to be (or to have been) sent by God: as, John the Baptist, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, rhetorically personified.
- to send (thrust or insert) a thing into another:
- Apparently a primary verb;
- to dispatch (from the subjective view or point of departure, whereas hiemi (as a stronger form of eimi) refers rather to the objective point or terminus ad quem, and stello denotes properly, the orderly motion involved), especially on a temporary errand;
- also to transmit, bestow, or wield — send, thrust in.
Draws: ἑλκύσῃ – helkó
- to drag
- I drag, draw, pull, persuade, unsheathe.
- properly, induce (draw in), focusing on the attraction-power involved with the drawing.
- to draw;
- properly: unsheathe, a person forcibly and against his will (our drag, drag off)
- metaphorically, to draw by inward power, lead, impel:
- I by my moral, my spiritual, influence will win over to myself the hearts of all.
But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.(James 1:14) Good News Translation
These concepts pertain to the role of Christ in solving this problem. In our passage the Father is said to draw the chosen, but this can’t be a pull upwards to heaven, since that’s a force which pushes from the center of the Earth. Logically it has to be a pull in the plane of the Earth surface, which is why Jesus was sent to us.
We need your financial help but Mattymatica isn’t a religious organization, charity or new age cult.
If you need to belong somewhere, find a local church. If you’d like to help, please consider donating to our Church.