O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge—by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Frace be with you. Amen.(1 Timothy 6:20-21) NKJV
How would you rationalize an event, during which the sun went backwards for 40 minutes, in a heliocentric system? It’s anyone’s guess, but there are several steps required.
- the Earth would have to stop rotating, going from 1,000 km/h to 0,
- reverse direction, accelerating from 0 km/h to who knows what,
- decelerate back to 0,
- reverse direction again and speed up back to 1,000 km/h.
- This has to happen in the space of 40 minutes
- (the time it takes for the sun to travel 10 degrees)
Try to imagine the physical upheaval that this would cause, of which there’s no mention in the Bible. This would cause more devastation than the event in Joshua, which Velikovsky tried to use to account for some of Noah’s flood and plate tectonics, but was actually a localized rain of rocky hail stones.
Is the Bible true or not? This is one of those places where the rubber meets the road folks. If this isn’t true, then what in the Bible is?
We need your financial help but Mattymatica isn’t a religious organization, charity or new age cult.
If you need to belong somewhere, find a local church. If you’d like to help, please consider donating.