The Mass and Lifespan of the Sun
Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?(Isaiah 40:12) KJV
Using the Matty’s Paradigm value for the Sun’s mass and Einstein’s energy conversion equation (E=mc2) its life expectancy is about 102 years. Now would be a good time to accept Jesus Christ as your savior.
The main problem that people have with the Geocentrospheric cosmological system is this: why would a massive sun orbit a smaller Earth? The answer is simple: the mass of the sun has never been measured. It’s derived using a calculation. The calculation requires assumptions. The assumptions embody what you have already chosen to believe about the relationship between Earth and the sun. It’s circular reasoning.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
The Mass of the Sun
Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.(Jeremiah 31:37) KJV
Jeremiah teaches us that if the heavens can be measured then God will cast off the seed of Israel. To make a long story short the value used for the mass of the sun in popular science (SciPop) is 1.9E+30 kg. It’s calculated by using Kepler’s 3rd law of planetary motion and Newton’s universal law of gravitation. The logic in the math goes something like this:
How massive would the Sun have to be in order to..– The logic used to calculate the mass of the sun.
.. hold the Earth (of known mass)*
.. in orbit (of known radius and duration)?
Do you see the problem? Actually there are two:
- We don’t know the mass of Earth because the value that we use is based on a flawed understanding of gravity.
- The logic of the calculation requires the assumption of heliocentricity. However, we haven’t proven heliocentricity, it’s a half-truth that comes from Kepler.
If we were to do the same calculation based on assuming Geocentrosphericity then the value that we get for the mass of the sun is a tiny fraction of what SciPop says it is.
How massive is the Sun..– Matty
.. if it’s in orbit (of known radius and duration)
.. of the Earth (of known mass)*?
We obtain the value using Matty’s Constant 9.87^-12. The important thing to remember is that the ratio of the masses, their relative proportions, remain the same. The ratio of mass that SciPop says is between Earth and the Sun becomes the ratio of mass of the Sun to Earth.
Your assumptions determine the mass of the Sun, it’s not measured.
The other thing to be aware of is that we don’t know any of the actual values of mass, we just know their relative proportions to each other. Sir Isaac Newton was well aware of this as he states in his Principia Mathematica.
Wherefore relative quantities are not the quantities themselves, whose names they bear, but those sensible measures of them (either accurate or inaccurate), which are commonly used instead of the measured quantities themselves.– Sir Isaac Newton, Principia Mathematica (p.81)
The Meaning of Words
You can call a speck of light a galaxy then use the definition to define its parameters without knowing the parameters.– Sir Isaac Newton, paraphrased
The problem is that there are no measured quantities. It’s all guesswork based on flawed reasoning.
Faith is believing in something that you can’t see, because of evidence.– Faith, definition
The SciPop Lifespan of the Sun
A few people have attempted to explain to us how the mass of the Sun is measured using Hydrogen fusion. We say attempted because they wound up realizing that they were still dependent on the mass value we get from Kepler and Newton. Hydrogen fusion isn’t used to calculate the mass of the Sun, it’s used to contrive a fictional life expectancy for the Sun. The logic goes something like this:
The Lifespan of the Sun
- The sun produces energy through nuclear fusion (power output).
- The power output per second is proportional to mass lost.
- By measuring solar intensity using light meters we may estimate mass loss per second,
- we use E=MC2, the conversion rate from matter to energy,
- incidentally, the use of E=MC2 at this point in the calculation is arbitrary, since it has never been proven that this is actually the rate of conversion from matter to energy or why it would be, but it’s use is taken as proof of relativity,
- as far as SciPop is concerned, it’s a slam dunk,
- it’s a load of dingo’s kidneys.
- we use E=MC2, the conversion rate from matter to energy,
- The rate of fusion for Hydrogen at a given temperature can be measured in a lab1.
- We know the rate of reaction as a proportion of total mass2.
- This gives us the total mass.
- We assume that we understand the fusion process taking place in the sun, and we assume that this is replicated in the lab experiment. That’s called a leap of faith.
- Hydrogen fusion is believed to be taking place on the surface of the sun which is 10% of the sun’s total mass.
- Why 10%? – It’s arbitrary.
- 10% of what? – The mass of the sun we get from Kepler and Newton. Duh?
A series of exchanges on Twitter regarding this issue got one of our favorite responses:
Why are you trying to explain thermonuclear processes to a Power Rangers villain?– @SirCuttsman 1/8/17, 2:43 PM
Using Hydrogen fusion to derive a value for the mass of the sun is yet another example of inductive, reductive circular reasoning in SciPop. However, the true objective is a lifespan for the Sun based on it’s contrived mass and the conversion rate from matter to energy, E=MC2. The friendly folks in SciPop have an estimate of the lifespan of the Sun that’s intended to help you sleep at night. Don’t worry about a thing folks, they’ll happily tell you, the Sun will burn for at least 5 billion more years.
The reason for creation is the manifestation of sentient life with free will.– The Reason for Creation
Matty’s Lifespan for the Sun
Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.(Isaiah 30:26) KJV
In keeping with the Matty’s Paradigm stated goal of constructing a physical model of the universe which will allow the fulfillment of all prophecy this has got to be adjusted. We know that the Sun is going to get much brighter before it goes out, and this is going to happen during human civilization. The passage above tells of the Sun getting brighter, and then it goes dark:
The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:(Joel 2:10) KJV
The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.(Joel 3:15) KJV
So, if the mass of the Sun isn’t 1.9E+30, but instead it’s 1.9E+19, then using Einstein’s equation for the conversion of matter to energy (E=MC2) the Sun has less than 102 years left. Matty’s not worried about helping you sleep at night. Matty’s concerned that you might wake up in hell one day. Big difference.
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
Read through the Bible in a year
|Reading plan||April 14|
|Linear||1 Chronicles 5-7|
|Chronological||1 Samuel 21-24|
We need your financial help but Mattymatica isn’t a religious organization, charity or new age cult.
If you need to belong somewhere, find a local church. If you’d like to help, please consider donating.