When he arrived and saw this evidence of God’s blessing, he was filled with joy, and he encouraged the believers to stay true to the Lord.(Acts 11:23) NLT
One of the best examples of how evidence is used incorrectly in the popular science paradigm (SciPop) is the worldwide distribution of sedimentary deposits and the evidence of Noah’s flood.
This is where we get to deploy Matty’s razor.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
- IF the conflict between SciPop and the Bible is the result of human bias in the interpretation of evidence,
- THEN the SciPop interpretation of the evidence is wrong.
SciPop devotees point to the extensive body of work which describes the stratigraphic column as being deposited over the course of millions and billions of years and call it “scientific evidence” of evolution.
But what is the stratigraphic column? It’s sediment, including the remains of past life on Earth, which has a worldwide distribution. It’s not evidence of billions of years, it’s evidence of sediment being deposited. It’s exactly what you would expect to find if there was a world wide flood.
The Stratigraphic Column is evidence of…
- In mainstream science (SciPop) it’s used as evidence for:
- In Matty’s Paradigm it’s evidence for:
As such, it’s no longer “scientific evidence” it is simply evidence. It is evidence of whatever you want to believe about it. The stratigraphic column is physical evidence which transcends your choice of paradigm. Once you have chosen a paradigm, you can interpret the evidence. The evidence remains the same, differences of opinion are paradigm-dependent.
The Cluelessness Event Horizon and the Stratigraphic Column
- Atheist Science Troll (AST): Noah’s flood never happened.
- Matty: How do you know?
- AST: There’s no evidence.
- Matty: The stratigraphic column, Cambrian through Quaternary, was deposited in Noah’s flood. The evidence covers most of the surface of the earth. Just as you would expect after a world-wide flood.
- AST 2: So when was the Precambrian deposited?
- Matty: The Precambrian was deposited on the 2nd day in response to the creation of gravity.
- AST 2: Sperglywerbly bibbleflop was ergliniggled in the wappodywarwar
- Matty: The annihilation of atheism continues.
|Where did you get here from?|
|1||July 25th – Matty’s Razor|
|2||December 28th – If Anyone Adds to Them|