For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) KJV
The pre-tribulation rapture is pastoral fudge. Christians and the Church will be on the earth during six of the seven plagues that are part of the tribulation.
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.(1 Corinthians 15:52) KJV
The Last Trump is After the First Six
…at the last trump (1 Corinthians 15:52). There will be seven trumpets. This means that the rapture will take place after six of the seven trumpets have sounded. Here’s a quick summary of what happens as the first six trumpets are sounded:
Tribulation 0.86 The First Six Trumpets
- The surface of the earth is devastated by burning hail,
- humans and livestock are affected by burning sores in the skin,
- the continents move together to form a contiguous landmass.
- The first of three extraterrestrial impacts pollutes the sea,
- everything in the oceans dies.
- A second extraterrestrial impact poisons all fresh water,
- the rivers, streams and lakes turn to blood.
- The sun emits solar flares and burns off most of its remaining fuel,
- it briefly flares 7 times brighter then weakens to a dim glow.
- A third extraterrestrial impact ruptures the crust and mantle all around the periphery of the super-continent which has formed,
- a swarm of horse-sized armor-plated locusts with scorpion tails come out of the depths of the earth,
- smoke bellows out from the crack in the earth and darkens the sky,
- the scorpions torment the people for 5 months.
- All the armies of the earth assemble for the battle of Armageddon.