For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.(Romans 1:20) NLT
- According to atheist propaganda, there is absolutely no evidence of God.
- According to God, the existence of the universe is all the evidence that you need, no one has an excuse.
How can these two points of view be so diametrically opposed? The answer may be to ask the question: what is evidence? Or, more importantly, what have you been trained to believe about evidence?
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
Everything is evidence, anything at all. Evidence is neutral and doesn’t point to a conclusion. You interpret evidence based on what you have already chosen to believe. The interpretation of evidence is paradigm-dependent.– Evidence, definition
Let’s take a specific example, the stratigraphic column. If you’ve been educated you’ve undoubtedly been told that that there’s no evidence of Noah’s flood. You’ve also been told that the stratigraphic column is the basis for the geological timescale, and that the geological timescale is evidence for the theory of evolution.
Here’s the problem: the geological timescale isn’t evidence. It’s an interpretation of evidence which is derived by accepting the premise of the mainstream science paradigm (SciPop). What if we don’t accept the premise of SciPop? What if the stratigraphic column IS the evidence of Noah’s flood?
The Stratigraphic Column is evidence of…
- In mainstream science (SciPop) it’s used as evidence for:
- In Matty’s Paradigm it’s evidence for:
This is part of our creation theory predictive testable hypothesis 16.
- IF the truth about God is self-evident such that no one has an excuse not to believe,
- AND the Bible gives us an accurate physical description of the origin, history and future of the universe,
- THEN examination of physical evidence and empirical observations will reveal the truth about God.
So what do we say to people who insist that there’s absolutely no evidence for the existence of God? They don’t know what evidence is or how it’s used. We give them Matty’s razor.
We need your financial help but Mattymatica isn’t a religious organization, charity or new age cult.
If you need to belong somewhere, find a local church. If you’d like to help, please consider donating.